Getting Data In

Why is inputlookup not working in federated search?

sangeeta
Engager

Hi all,

i have a established query which is working fine. But when i try to add the inputlookup to the query, its not working. i am using a federated search. 

My need is to configure a maintenance table as a csv lookup  and refer to it in the query. 

when i try to access the csv file via inputlookup, i get error. 

can you please suggest is there a way to configure maintenance for a particular backend via lookup table and refer to it in the query. i want to exclude the backend host for a particular date and time. 

Query below:

index="federated:XXX"  ("HTTP response code" OR "url-open" OR "Host connection failed")  NOT "HTTP response code 2**" | rex field=_raw "https://(?<backend>.*)\:" | rex field=_raw "gtid\(\w{1,24}\): (?<error>.*)"|
rex field=_raw "^<\d+>(?P<date>\d+\-\d+\-\d+\w+:\d+:\d+\.\d+)[^ \n]* (?P<host>\w+)\s+\[(?P<domain>[^\]]+)" | eval thresholdValue = case(backend=="******" AND domain=="*****", 500, backend=="abcd.com" AND domain!="abcd-ALERTS", 350, backend=="ertyu.com" AND domain=="ertyu", 1000, backend!="qwerty.com", 100) | stats count by domain,backend,error,source,thresholdValue | sort -count | where count>thresholdValue | eval Priority=if(count>200,"3","4") | eval createINCTicket="0" | table domain,backend,error,source,thresholdValue,Priority,count,createINCTicket | lookup incsearch DOMAIN AS domain URL AS backend OUTPUT APPCODE AS BackendAppcode CREATETICKET AS CT INCIDENT AS incident

Maintenance csv lookup 

maint_backend maint_domain date_hour_start date_hour_end date_mday_start date_mday_end
abcd.com abcd-abcd 1 3 6 7
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

sangeeta
Engager

This federated search is not currently supported. The search job has failed due to an error

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There you go.  You're trying to do something that is not supported.

Federated Search requires lookup tables to be maintain on both the Federated and Remote search heads.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

sangeeta
Engager

Yes. I have configured the same lookup table on both places.  Still i get error

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The inputlookup command is not allowed in Federated Search.  See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Search/Searchacrosslocalandremotedeployments#Rest...

---

sangeeta
Engager

Thank you.. 🙂 . i dont want to keep editing the query everytime a particular host goes into maintenance. 

Is there any other way to configure maintenance..

Appreciate your help

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps you could modify the query to use lookup instead of inputlookup?

Another, less optimal, option is to put the maintenance list in an index instead of a lookup file.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What error do you get?

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...