Getting Data In

Why is My automatic lookup not working with Searchhead cluster?

aamer86
Path Finder

I have an indexing cluster and searchhead cluster. 
I want to use a csv threat feeds to add IP reputation field using automatic lookup 

I tried using all the online resources but It doesnt work 

anyone knows a limitation for doing the automatic lookup with SearchHead clustering 
I used the web based and the config files based option but didnt work 

I did the manual checks and all worked 

0 Karma
1 Solution

aamer86
Path Finder

thanks @Vasu I found the problem 

I had the Security essential App installed on all search heads which include a LOOKUP table named account_status_tracker which was being used as the default source for any lookup operation (could be a bug in this app for Splunk to check) 
Once I removed the security essentials app, it worked (not sure why. the lookup was going to this table )
error.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Karma

aamer86
Path Finder

thanks @Vasu I found the problem 

I had the Security essential App installed on all search heads which include a LOOKUP table named account_status_tracker which was being used as the default source for any lookup operation (could be a bug in this app for Splunk to check) 
Once I removed the security essentials app, it worked (not sure why. the lookup was going to this table )
error.jpg

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please verify:

* You need to make all these configurations from SHC UI or Deployer.

* Make sure you have automatic lookup definition in the same app as your lookup csv file.

* Your automatic lookup configuration is replicated to all the search heads correctly.

* By default all CSV lookups are replicated to indexers automatically, but if not you can set "replicate=true" parameter in transforms.conf entry with your lookup definition.

* Please make sure there is no warning/error in the search.log when you try to search that data from the Job Inspect.

0 Karma

aamer86
Path Finder

the automatic lookup (transforms.conf) file is not replicating from the deployer to the search heads

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you executed the below command after making the changes?

splunk apply shcluster-bundle -target <URI>:<management_port>

If you are not much sure of the deployer and bundle push the command, please refer - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/DistSearch/PropagateSHCconfigurationchanges 

0 Karma

aamer86
Path Finder

yes I did this 

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Please make sure you have your config in the right directory in deployer. Also, make sure the file has no permission issue.
Please check Splunk's _internal log regarding this, if you see any WARN or ERROR.
0 Karma

aamer86
Path Finder

I tried it and it still not working 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...