Getting Data In

Why does introspection on a Splunk 6.3.3 AIX universal forwarder not give data on Resource usage (PerProcess, Hostwide, or Dispatch)?

las
Contributor

Hi.

After having enabled introspection_generator_addon on a Universal Forwarder on AIX, I get data for partion and FishBucket, but not on Perprocess, Hostwide, or Dispatch. My Universal Forwarder is version 6.3.3, and the app has been enabled using CLI on the AIX host. After enabling, the UF has been restarted.

Are there any other out there having the same problem, and have found a work around?

I do not have access to the AIX machine, and have almost no knowledge about AIX.

Kind Regards
Lars

0 Karma
1 Solution

mwong
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

mwong
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

goelli
Communicator

According to our documentation, AIX is not supported.

Has this changed in Version 8.x ?
Until 7.3.5 the documentation is listing the supported versions. Beginning with 8.0.0 it revers to the Supported Operating Systems, which includes AIX as suppported for Universal Forwarder:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.0/Installation/Systemrequirements#Supported_Operatin...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...