Getting Data In

Why does Splunk Custom Visualization API result in a build error on a Windows Machine?

niketn
Legend

I was trying to use Custom Visualization API to build my own custom visualization using tutorial from Splunk Docs (similar available on Splunk Dev also : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial ).

Following is the error I received while trying to build Custom Visualization on Windows System.

> $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd node ./node_modules/webpack/bin/webpack.js

'$SPLUNK_HOME' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Following is the error from npm-debug.log

13 info lifecycle standin@1.0.0~build: Failed to exec build script
14 verbose stack Error: standin@1.0.0 build: `$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd node ./node_modules/webpack/bin/webpack.js`

I was not sure if it is picking my SPLUNK_HOME path set in Windows, or has it been written only to work on Linux/Mac systems.
I have set both SPLUNK_HOME and $SPLUNK_HOME as the Splunk installation path on my machine(verified the same using echo command as below).

echo %$SPLUNK_HOME%
echo %SPLUNK_HOME%

Can anyone confirm whether Custom Visualization worked on Windows machine? If yes, what mistake do you think I might be doing while initial setup?

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...