Getting Data In

Why does CSV import look crazy?

jsven7
Communicator

After I import a simple CSV Splunk reflects a bunch of junk on the event field. Why??

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is probably an issue with special characters, or character set encoding in your CSV file. You can read about configuring character set encoding in the Getting Data In manual if you want to try manually specifying a character set.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is probably an issue with special characters, or character set encoding in your CSV file. You can read about configuring character set encoding in the Getting Data In manual if you want to try manually specifying a character set.

jsven7
Communicator

Yeah. I added a '.csv' to the end of the file to make it a CSV and this did not work. I saved it as a CSV and then it worked. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...