Getting Data In

Why can't I delete knowledge objects as admin?

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

Looking at my saved searches, about 99% of them do not have the "delete" action listed. There are one or two that do have it, but the majority do not. I am logged in as an administrator, this is for the search app and I have tested this by creating a private saved search without sharing it with anyone, and I cannot delete even my own saved search.

I've searched around extensively thinking it must have been answered before, but could only find things where app permissions and/or role permissions were the issue. I've checked those things multiple times, and I have every write permission required.

Any ideas? Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

Heh.... answered my own question:
From "Known Issues":
Unable to delete/clone saved searches from Manager -> Searches and Reports. (SPL-52179, SPL-47878)
I'm assuming the only fix is to upgrade...

View solution in original post

KomalSharma
Explorer

Is this problem still there in version 6.2.3? I don't have the delete option for a lot of my reports and searches.

ben_leung
Builder

This is a reoccurring issue. Are there any known issues with objects not having the Move/Delete action?

Is it some kind of permissions with the objects? For my scenario, the lookup tables have missing actions. What I did was set the [lookups] 's export value to system on all the apps to allow global access. Still facing the issue.

Version 6.3.3

0 Karma

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

From "Known Issues":
Unable to delete/clone saved searches from Manager -> Searches and Reports. (SPL-52179, SPL-47878)

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

From "Known Issues":

0 Karma

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

Replicated this issue in a fresh 4.3.3 environment.

• Created new role named "se", inherits admin role
  • Created new user, assigned to "se"
  • Created saved search as "admin" user first
  • Created saved search as "se" user next
  • From both roles, I can delete the "admin" created saved search, but not the "se" role search. Both searches the same, with private permissions.

Could this possibly be a bug??

0 Karma

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

No ideas?? I'm really at a loss and it really inhibits us from managing saved searches properly. The only options I have are to "Run" or "Clone" the saved searches, no delete option, even for my own private saved searches. 😞

0 Karma

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

I performed another test, logged in as another normal user (user role), created a saved search and made no further changes. Logged back in as admin, I cannot delete that saved search. I then logged back in as the user who created the saved search, and the delete option is present.

This seems to be isolated to just the admin role, I just can't for the life of me understand what the problem could be.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...