Getting Data In

Why are frozen buckets not going to frozen path?

dmitchell92

Hello, I'm trying to configure my indexes to store frozen buckets on an NFS share mounted to the Splunk Server. I have mounted the share, created a path with sub folders for each index.

I've set this and let it ride.

I went to check the data on the NFS share and there is nothing in the NFS Share path.

Is there something else I'm missing here?

0 Karma

dmitchell92

Yes, I have coldToFrozenDir set for each index in $SPLUNKHOME/apps/search/local/indexes.conf. Is there something else I'm missing?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Verify Splunk has write access to the frozen dir.
Check splunkd.log for errors.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

dmitchell92

directory access has been confirmed. Only reference to coldToFrozenDir states that both coldToFrozenScript and coldToFrozenScript are set and coldToFrozenDir will take precedence.

0 Karma

ivanreis
Builder

As mentioned by richgalloway, you have to add the configuration path for "coldToFrozenDir" at indexes.conf not at inputs.conf.

check this link here for further information
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.1/Indexer/Configureindexstorage#Attributes_that_aff...

See below a sample of configuration for "coldToFrozenDir" parameter setup at indexes.conf
[web]
homePath = volume:primary/web/db
coldPath = volume:primary/web/colddb
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB/web/thaweddb
coldToFrozenDir = /opt/frozen/web

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you set coldToFrozenDir in indexes.conf?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...