Getting Data In

Why am unable to uninstall Splunk universal forwarder?

lexphumirat

When i try to uninstall Splunk universal forwarder from remove programs, i get this following error

splunk the minimum operating system versions required to support this installation of universalforwarder has not been met

so i am unable to uninstall or reinstall this.

this is a windows 2003 server R2 64bit service pack 2

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@lexphumirat - Did one of the answers below help provide a solution your question? If yes, please click “Accept” below the best answer to resolve this post and upvote anything that was helpful. If no, please leave a comment with more feedback. Thanks.

0 Karma

nmohammed
Contributor

try to delete the registry entry for the universal Forwarder on the server -

should be here...
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\

look at each entry and you should see the product Name as Universal Forwarder, right click on the entry and delete it. that should uninstall the Forwarder.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Windows 2003 Server reached end of life in July 2015. No recent (or even not that recent) version of Splunk software would be tested or supported on that platform. What version of the universal forwarder are you running?

0 Karma

lexphumirat

should be the latest one. 6.5.0 for 64bit and 6.2.2 for 32bit

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion
0 Karma

lexphumirat

the software is already installed. I get this message when I am trying to uninstall it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...