Getting Data In

Why am I unable to download a Universal Forwarder for Windows from splunk.com?

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm going to the page below and selecting Windows OS, I'm then redirected to the download page and it thanks me for downloading the forwarder but nothing happens.. I've done this countless times in the past with no issues

I tried on 3 different browsers with no luck.. Can anyone verify that this is not working? Can I grab the .msi install file from another box and install it on the different server?

http://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/universal-forwarder.html

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, I can't reproduce this problem. I tried it on Windows using IE, and both the 32-bit and 64-bit downloads work for me. I also tried it on Mac OS using Chrome, and they also worked that way. Can you try it on another computer?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

state_larson_ti
Path Finder

I had the same issue when it prompted me for a login.  Kept jumpin between saml tokens:

https://idp.login.splunk.com/app/splunk-ext_wwwaem_1/exk9jrrdivHzSWhlX2p7/sso/saml

I tried multiple computers, multiple browsers, rebooted computers, multiple operating systems.

Eventually it gives a 502 Bad Gateway (if memory serves) - whic indicates there is an issue with the origin server.  If I figure it out, I will post (ps could still log on and get other things).

0 Karma

state_larson_ti
Path Finder

FWIW - waited 12 hours and all worked find this am!

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, I can't reproduce this problem. I tried it on Windows using IE, and both the 32-bit and 64-bit downloads work for me. I also tried it on Mac OS using Chrome, and they also worked that way. Can you try it on another computer?

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

Just tested. Works for me too.

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks everyone. Looks like it's on my end. I'll try from a different pc

0 Karma

yschiff

I'm also having trouble downloading. Were you able to figure out the problem?

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm still unable to download the forwarder from Splunk, but I solved the problem by copying the file from another box and installing it

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I tested on the same assortment of operating systems and browsers again just now, and everything works for me. What browser/OS combination are you using?

0 Karma

yschiff

Win 8.1, Chrome and IE. I don't get a download prompt or anything. Very weird. I was able to download the Splunk installer just fine, just not the forwarder.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...