Getting Data In

Why am I getting "Error while sending public key to search peer: Connection reset by peer"?

amirzargaran

I have a Splunk Server on Ubuntu and a Splunkforwarder on Ubuntu too.
I want to add splunkforwarder to distributed search on Splunk server, but when try to add it, the error below is generated:

Encountered the following error while trying to save: In handler 'distsearch-peer': Error while sending public key to search peer: Connection reset by peer

How do can I fix this problem?

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check out the local instances splunkd.log. It's possible a universal forwarder can't be added as a search peer since its not capable of handling searches. Otherwise it could simply be a permissions issue since the user must be an admin on both systems.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...