Getting Data In

Why am I getting error "'Cannot connect to proxy.', error(10061, 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')" trying to upload the Search Tutorial sample data?

sumitsplunk

While uploading the Splunk Search Tutorial data (sample data) given in the Splunk website, I am getting the below error:

Upload failed with ERROR : ('Cannot connect to proxy.', error(10061, 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')) 
0 Karma

sksasan

I am facing the same issue , getting ('Cannot connect to proxy.', error(10061, 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'))
Was a resolution found for your issue?

0 Karma

nbjoshi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Sumit, have you tried restarting Splunk before uploading the tutorial data? This seems to have fixed it for some users.

0 Karma

sumitsplunk

Hi nbjoshi,

Yes I have tried doing that but still facing the same issue.

0 Karma

bcyates
Communicator

Any solution to this problem?

0 Karma

niteshbharadwaj
Engager

Hi, I am facing the same issue like you did. Did you get any solution/reason for that issue?

0 Karma

drdoddy

I am also facing same issue, please guide us.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...