Getting Data In

Why am I getting an error telling me the Pass4SymmKey is wrong, preventing me from adding a new peer to an existing indexer cluster?

brent_weaver
Builder

I am in a sandbox playing with indexer cluster server management. My end goal is to play with and set up indexer discovery, but am stuck on trying to add a 3rd indexer peer to an existing 2 node indexer cluster. I have an Enterprise license with clustering available. I have my two indexer servers up and running great. I go to configure a third to bring into the fold and it tells me that the pass4Symkey is wrong, which I am about 99.99% sure it is not. I must be missing something about how to add a new peer to an existing established cluster.

Help, what am I missing?

0 Karma
1 Solution

brent_weaver
Builder

I figured out my problem, and its not the first time I overlooked something 🙂

When I built the Linux VM the firewall got installed and was therefore preventing a connection back to 8089... DoH 🙂

View solution in original post

brent_weaver
Builder

I figured out my problem, and its not the first time I overlooked something 🙂

When I built the Linux VM the firewall got installed and was therefore preventing a connection back to 8089... DoH 🙂

mmakar

How is this an accepted answer, there is no solution provided!!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The OP said his firewall was blocking connections to port 8089. Presumably, turning off the firewall or enabling port 8089 was the solution.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...