Getting Data In

Why am I getting an error telling me the Pass4SymmKey is wrong, preventing me from adding a new peer to an existing indexer cluster?

brent_weaver
Builder

I am in a sandbox playing with indexer cluster server management. My end goal is to play with and set up indexer discovery, but am stuck on trying to add a 3rd indexer peer to an existing 2 node indexer cluster. I have an Enterprise license with clustering available. I have my two indexer servers up and running great. I go to configure a third to bring into the fold and it tells me that the pass4Symkey is wrong, which I am about 99.99% sure it is not. I must be missing something about how to add a new peer to an existing established cluster.

Help, what am I missing?

0 Karma
1 Solution

brent_weaver
Builder

I figured out my problem, and its not the first time I overlooked something 🙂

When I built the Linux VM the firewall got installed and was therefore preventing a connection back to 8089... DoH 🙂

View solution in original post

brent_weaver
Builder

I figured out my problem, and its not the first time I overlooked something 🙂

When I built the Linux VM the firewall got installed and was therefore preventing a connection back to 8089... DoH 🙂

mmakar

How is this an accepted answer, there is no solution provided!!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The OP said his firewall was blocking connections to port 8089. Presumably, turning off the firewall or enabling port 8089 was the solution.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...