Getting Data In

Why am I getting a 404 error trying to configure receiving in my Splunk Cloud Trial?

anortrup
Explorer

I'm attempting to configure my Splunk Cloud Trial receiving so that my forwarders will work, but I get a 404 error when I click on the link in Settings > Forwarding and Receiving > Configure Receiving which should lead to:

https://<host>.cloud.splunk.com/en-US/manager/launcher/data/inputs/tcp/cooked

Help is appreciated so I can start getting my data into Splunk.

-Andy

0 Karma

khourihan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey Andy,

What are you trying to do? Receiving is already setup to listen to port 9997.

I believe that functionality was taken out of the GUI to prevent customers from messing themselves up.

What you should do is go to your Apps--> Universal Forwarder app and follow the instructions there. But basically you download a UF, then you download the credentials and install the .spl file as an app on your forwarder. That Credentials have all the information needed to get your data into the Splunk ES Sandbox. (i.e. outputs.conf and the SSL certs and Passwords)

Hope this helps,
Kyle

DanielaHerold

I have the same problem. Does anyone have an idea?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...