Getting Data In

Why I'm unable to add new DCN to Splunk Scheduler?

ynag
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to get logs from a vCenter server using the DCN. On the Collection Configuration page, I'm trying to add a new DCN (and or) VC, but after filling all the relevant fields, I can see a "loading" pop-up for last than a second, and then the pop-up just disappears and no any DCN or VC is added. 

Does anyone saw this behavior before?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ynag
Explorer

So it was a splunk user permissions issue on the app's directories.. once I've added the required permissions I was able to add DCN. 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ynag
Explorer

So it was a splunk user permissions issue on the app's directories.. once I've added the required permissions I was able to add DCN. 

0 Karma

alexokey
Observer

Could you please confirm how you were able to sort out the permission issue. I'm faced with the same challenge

0 Karma

ynag
Explorer

@alexokey it was a while ago, I do not really remember. sorry.

You can try owning the parent splunk directory to avoid that. usually it works, at least for me.

chown -R splunk:splunk /opt/splunk/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...