Getting Data In

Why I'm unable to add new DCN to Splunk Scheduler?

ynag
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to get logs from a vCenter server using the DCN. On the Collection Configuration page, I'm trying to add a new DCN (and or) VC, but after filling all the relevant fields, I can see a "loading" pop-up for last than a second, and then the pop-up just disappears and no any DCN or VC is added. 

Does anyone saw this behavior before?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ynag
Explorer

So it was a splunk user permissions issue on the app's directories.. once I've added the required permissions I was able to add DCN. 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ynag
Explorer

So it was a splunk user permissions issue on the app's directories.. once I've added the required permissions I was able to add DCN. 

0 Karma

alexokey
Observer

Could you please confirm how you were able to sort out the permission issue. I'm faced with the same challenge

0 Karma

ynag
Explorer

@alexokey it was a while ago, I do not really remember. sorry.

You can try owning the parent splunk directory to avoid that. usually it works, at least for me.

chown -R splunk:splunk /opt/splunk/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...