Getting Data In

Why I am getting error "Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Cannot find item for POST arg_name="/admin/script/%24SPLUNK_HOME%5Cetc%5Capps%5C%5Cbin%5C%2015/enabled" at windows

splunk_mkhan
Explorer

I am trying to update input.conf stanza at windows, it is working fine in linux but giving following error in windows 7.

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Cannot find item for POST arg_name="/admin/script/%24SPLUNK_HOME%5Cetc%5Capps%5Cmy_app%5Cbin%5Cmy_script.py%2015/enabled"

For reference, here are excerpts from inputs.conf and setup.xml:

inputs.conf:

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME\etc\apps\my_app\bin\my_script.py 15]
     disabled = 0

setup.xml

<block title="my script setting"
            endpoint="admin/script"
            entity="%24SPLUNK_HOME%5Cetc%5Capps%5CiSIGHTPartners_ThreatScape_App%5Cbin%5Cfetch_indicators.py%2015">
    <input field="enabled">
        <label>Enable</label>
        <type>bool</type>
    </input>
</block>

Any help will be appreciated.
thanks,

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi splunk_mkhan,

just some silly question:

• did you tested your Python script on Windows?
  • have you tried to modify your script using the full address?[script://c:\Programs\splunk\etc\apps\my_app\bin\my_script.py 15]

• What is 15 at the end of your command?

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

mkhan_splunk

Thanks cusello for your response,
. Python script running successfully in app at windows successfully.
. I have tried script using full address ?[script://c:\Programs\splunk\etc\apps\my_app\bin\my_script.py 15]
. 15 at the end of command is argument provided for script interval which is working fine in linux as well as windows.

Actually I am not getting any issue with inputs.conf
my app script is running fine after providing below script path in inputs.conf
path[script://$SPLUNK_HOME\etc\apps\my_app\bin\my_script.py 15]
disabled = 0

I am getting only issue to enable/disable this script from setup page of this app
issue is in below setup.xml block

<block title="my script setting"
             endpoint="admin/script"
             entity="%24SPLUNK_HOME%5Cetc%5Capps%5CiSIGHTPartners_ThreatScape_App%5Cbin%5Cfetch_indicators.py%2015">
     <input field="enabled">
         <label>Enable</label>
         <type>bool</type>
     </input>
 </block>

problem is in provided entity field
entity="%24SPLUNK_HOME%5Cetc%5Capps%5CiSIGHTPartners_ThreatScape_App%5Cbin%5Cfetch_indicators.py%2015 "

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...