Getting Data In

Where do I start with troubleshooting Parsing Queue issues on a UF?

daniel333
Builder

All,

I have SplunkAdmins app installed and received alerts showing me that my Universal Forwarder on a series of Windows servers are having their "1 - Parsing Queue" backup pretty often. I don't have much installed there except Splunk_TA_windows. Point me to any good docs on troubleshooting Parsing Queue backups on the UF itself?

thanks
-Daniel

0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

You should start looking for

index=_internal component=metrics name=parsingQueue WARN OR ERROR

View solution in original post

daniel333
Builder

Tracked down the problem on the UF's parsing queue to basically a limits.conf setting on KB per second. Needed closer to 1 meg per second from these hosts and had it set to 512. Once I tuned that the queue alerts went away.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The UF does not have a parsing queue. The error message you cite is part of the "Indexer Queues May Have Issues" alert so I suspect your configuration has mixed up indexer and UF host names. Check the setting for the indexerhosts macro.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

You should start looking for

index=_internal component=metrics name=parsingQueue WARN OR ERROR
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...