Getting Data In

Where do I point my REST API if I have search head pooling configured?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

If I have Search-Head-Pooling configured, where do I point my REST API? To a physical server? If so, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Well , you'd likely connect through your load balancer which would route your connection request to 1 of the instances of the Search Head Pool and maintain affinity to that instance for the duration of your REST API session connection.

Or , you could connect to each Search Head instance directly. Really depends on the use case you are trying to satisfy.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Well , you'd likely connect through your load balancer which would route your connection request to 1 of the instances of the Search Head Pool and maintain affinity to that instance for the duration of your REST API session connection.

Or , you could connect to each Search Head instance directly. Really depends on the use case you are trying to satisfy.

a212830
Champion

Thought so. OK, thanks!

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

8000 is your Splunk Web port. You'd need a Load Balancing rule for HTTPS protocol on port 8089 (or whatever port you have setup for you management port) and with session affinity/sticky session configured.

a212830
Champion

OK, my load-balancer listen for the management port - it listens on port 8000 - do people setup a separate load-balance for the REST API, or am I missing something?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...