Getting Data In

What is the precedence for identical stanzas within a single conf file? Is this a valid configuration?

mlorch
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm facing the situation that there is the identical stanza twice within a single conf file.
E.g.
authorize.conf

[role_admin]
srchIndexesDefault = main

[role_admin]
srchIndexesDefault = _internal

I know the documentation for Attribute precedence within a single props.conf file, but this only describes the precedence defined by ASCII order. Not if the stanza is identical.

Verifying the configuration with btool, I get that the last listed entry rules. Which makes sense.

So my question is: Is this a valid configuration (despite the fact that this should be avoided)?

Thanks and best regards,
Max.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If it wasn't valid, btool would have flagged it. As you say, this situation should be avoided.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If it wasn't valid, btool would have flagged it. As you say, this situation should be avoided.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

mlorch
Path Finder

Thanks. That's what I expected.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...