Getting Data In

What causes the Login Screen to respond with "Warning: The time on the server differs significantly from this machine..."

sgrey007

I see that it is a response to a Cookie check (code here: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/46756/command-line-search-from-remote-host-with-no-splunk-products...), however user is logging in from desktop with same time as search-head. Was not able to see anything in the logs either. Has anyone seen this issue before, and what does it mean?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

landen99
Motivator

After verifying the time on the server and client, one solution is to refresh the webpage so that it can present you with the option to bypass/accept the SSL certificate in cases where a warning may be present.

0 Karma

splnsuman
Explorer

I just figured out, turns out the time on the linux vm is a day off from desktop date-time, the search-head is installed on linux vm, once I set the correct date-time on linux vm, there is no warning.. hope this helps someone.

Bringing ROI and Customer Success obsessed for your Splunk Investments.
0 Karma

reed_kelly
Contributor

We also saw this with a Splunk 6.2.3 search head. It only happened once so far, and the person didn't see it again after a browser restart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...