Getting Data In

What are some cool, useful but less known features/apps in Splunk?

edschembor
Path Finder

Title is pretty self explanatory. I'm new to Splunk and trying to learn as much as possible.

EDIT: Just found the Youtube Splunk app. Seems interesting and probably could
be played around with to find some very interesting data trends. https://apps.splunk.com/app/357/

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

If you are planning to build a lot of cool dashboards, you can't go wrong by downloading the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App

This is an app full of great visual examples of what Splunk can do. (There is a version for Splunk 5.x as well.)

Also, I think that everyone should have (and use) the SOS - Splunk on Splunk App

There are many interesting and useful apps - most of them are free. If you download an app and it isn't useful, you can disable or delete it very easily. So I would try out anything that looks worthwhile. As you browse around, particularly in the "Cool Stuff" category, you will see apps that were really written to demonstrate a concept or to provide a starting point for creating your own apps. And of course you should download anything free that relates to data that you have in your environment (Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, F5, or whatever).

Oops, I don't think that those are "less known!"

You also can't go wrong by reading Carasso's book: Exploring Splunk

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

If you are planning to build a lot of cool dashboards, you can't go wrong by downloading the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App

This is an app full of great visual examples of what Splunk can do. (There is a version for Splunk 5.x as well.)

Also, I think that everyone should have (and use) the SOS - Splunk on Splunk App

There are many interesting and useful apps - most of them are free. If you download an app and it isn't useful, you can disable or delete it very easily. So I would try out anything that looks worthwhile. As you browse around, particularly in the "Cool Stuff" category, you will see apps that were really written to demonstrate a concept or to provide a starting point for creating your own apps. And of course you should download anything free that relates to data that you have in your environment (Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, F5, or whatever).

Oops, I don't think that those are "less known!"

You also can't go wrong by reading Carasso's book: Exploring Splunk

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...