Getting Data In

What REST API call can I use to find if a role has any read/write permissions on any Splunk objects?

GauriSplunk
Path Finder

Hello,

I want to find if a role has any Read/Write permissions on any Splunk objects using REST API.
Which REST API call do I use?

I have created a role that has RW permission on some search/dashboard objects only. It does not have any permissions at app level.

I want to use a REST find to find which objects this role has permissions on. How do I do it?

thanks

0 Karma

duartet
Path Finder
0 Karma

javiergn
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't have access to any Splunk instance at the moment but try the following:

| rest /services/authentication/users splunk_server=local 

It might not give you the level of detail you are looking for but it should be a start.

GauriSplunk
Path Finder

If a give a role permission on a splunk object , I see the entry in local.meta. but how do i get this information via a REST API call?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...