Getting Data In

Values for Endpoints defined in the setup.xml file are not refreshed

santosh_sshanbh
Path Finder

I have created a 3 attributes (url1, user& snow_password) in the setup.xml for my custom alert action app.

<input field="param.url1">
    <label>Enter your url</label>
    <type>text</type>
 </input>   
<input field="param.user">
  <label>enter user name</label>
  <type>text</type>
</input>
<input field="param.snow_credentials">
  <label>enter password</label>
  <type>password</type>
</input>

I am using these parameters in the Python script which calls a REST API method. I am retrieving the values for these parameters as below in Python script

snow_url = settings['configuration'].get('url1')
    user = settings['configuration'].get('user')
    password = settings['configuration'].get('snow_credentials')

The issue I am facing is, when I set the parameter values for the 1st time using Setup screen the values are correctly retrieved by the script. But when I update them using the setup screen and run the script as a alert action it still retrieves the old values of the parameter and not new once.

I tried to check the values using URL
https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/nobody//alerts/alert_actions/

I can see the updated values. I also tried to reload them and try but still the script is getting old values only. Is there anything basic I am missing here?

0 Karma

santosh_sshanbh
Path Finder

Above mentioned XML data is located inside below tags.

0 Karma

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When you setup the parameters via setup page, I assume they are getting added under your app's local/ta_*settings.conf file. Does this get updated when you update the params via setup again? check your default/restmap.conf for handler actions - edit and list [ you need both]. Are you using add-on builder?

0 Karma

santosh_sshanbh
Path Finder

I am not using add-on builder. I started creating my app by using the reference of hipchat_alerts example.

When I update the parameters, they get updated in alert_actions.conf file in apps local directory. I have just added a validation rule in restmap.conf file, nothing about the setup parameters.

I do observed that, when I create a new alert it is getting updated values of setup parameters. So I think the json paylod passed to PYTHON script is sending old values only. I may have to use Splunk SDK to read endpoint values unless there is no alternative.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...