Getting Data In

Using a shell script to collect data on a universal forwarder, what do I need to configure in inputs and outputs.conf?

athorat
Communicator

Universal Forwarder-> Heavy Forwarder -> Indexer
We have a universal forwarder which is sitting on a different domain from where we want to collect data using a shell script.

Using the UI, I uploaded the shell script on the universal forwarder. How do I configure what data to send to the indexer?
As I have uploaded the shell using UI on the universal forwarder, do I need to configure the inputs.conf again?
What would be the settings/parameters on both the inputs.conf on the UF and HF
and also the outputs.conf?

0 Karma

FritzWittwer_ol
Contributor

You have to configure inputs.conf,

[script://<script>] 
interval=60

60 seconds is the default value for interval, and you can use the usual attributes like index, sourcetype, disabled.

see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.5/Data/Setupcustominputs

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...