Getting Data In

Updating Forwarder Credentials

sbgoldberg13
Explorer

Hi all.  We received a bulletin that our UF certificates were expiring.  I downloaded the credentials package and installed them per documentation on my deployment server using <...install app...-update 1...>

That appears to have updated the APPS 100_xxxx_splunkcloud folder/files but my question is:

1.  Doesn't the DEPLOYMENT-APPS 100_xxxx_splunkcloud folder/files need to be updated to get the updated credentials to all of my UF's?

2.  How can I validate the new certificate date on my Window's UF's and on my HF's?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

edhealea
Path Finder

Question #2

This won't tell you the version but will indicate whether the new package is up to date.

The fwd_config field will tell you either it is the "legacy" or "new" package.

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=tcpout_connections name=splunkcloud*
| stats latest(_time) AS _time latest(name) AS name by host
| rex field=name "(?<output_group>.+?)\:"
| eval fwd_config=if(output_group="splunkcloud","legacy","new")
| stats count by _time host output_group fwd_config
| reltime
| fields _time reltime host output_group fwd_config
| sort 0 fwd_config

0 Karma

sbgoldberg13
Explorer

@woodcock  Hi Woodcock.  Any suggestions you can offer on my post would be appreciated!  Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...