Getting Data In

Updating Forwarder Credentials

sbgoldberg13
Explorer

Hi all.  We received a bulletin that our UF certificates were expiring.  I downloaded the credentials package and installed them per documentation on my deployment server using <...install app...-update 1...>

That appears to have updated the APPS 100_xxxx_splunkcloud folder/files but my question is:

1.  Doesn't the DEPLOYMENT-APPS 100_xxxx_splunkcloud folder/files need to be updated to get the updated credentials to all of my UF's?

2.  How can I validate the new certificate date on my Window's UF's and on my HF's?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

edhealea
Path Finder

Question #2

This won't tell you the version but will indicate whether the new package is up to date.

The fwd_config field will tell you either it is the "legacy" or "new" package.

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=tcpout_connections name=splunkcloud*
| stats latest(_time) AS _time latest(name) AS name by host
| rex field=name "(?<output_group>.+?)\:"
| eval fwd_config=if(output_group="splunkcloud","legacy","new")
| stats count by _time host output_group fwd_config
| reltime
| fields _time reltime host output_group fwd_config
| sort 0 fwd_config

0 Karma

sbgoldberg13
Explorer

@woodcock  Hi Woodcock.  Any suggestions you can offer on my post would be appreciated!  Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...