Getting Data In

Update slpunkclouduf.spl app on Windows Universal Forwarder-  What is the syntax we should use to force the update?

cpkg
Engager

Hi,

Got a message from Splunk that our universal forwarder certificate package will be expiring soon and trying to update the package following their instructions for installing the credentials package (which works on a new/clean install) it returns that we need to use the update argument:

App "100_XXXX_splunkcloud" already exists; use the "update" argument to install anyway

This is the syntax used (following Splunk documentation) that returns the message:

.\splunk install app ../etc/apps/splunkclouduf.spl -auth xxx:xxxxxxx

What is the syntax we should use to force the update? I have tried every which way that I can think of and nothing works. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should add 

-update 1

to your

splunk install app

command 

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should add 

-update 1

to your

splunk install app

command 

cpkg
Engager

@isoutamothat worked perfectly, thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...