Getting Data In

Update slpunkclouduf.spl app on Windows Universal Forwarder-  What is the syntax we should use to force the update?

cpkg
Engager

Hi,

Got a message from Splunk that our universal forwarder certificate package will be expiring soon and trying to update the package following their instructions for installing the credentials package (which works on a new/clean install) it returns that we need to use the update argument:

App "100_XXXX_splunkcloud" already exists; use the "update" argument to install anyway

This is the syntax used (following Splunk documentation) that returns the message:

.\splunk install app ../etc/apps/splunkclouduf.spl -auth xxx:xxxxxxx

What is the syntax we should use to force the update? I have tried every which way that I can think of and nothing works. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should add 

-update 1

to your

splunk install app

command 

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should add 

-update 1

to your

splunk install app

command 

cpkg
Engager

@isoutamothat worked perfectly, thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...