Getting Data In

UFW parsing JSON ERROR

bardill
Explorer
After we upgraded from 7.3 to 8.1.4, the UF can no longer read the json data.
07-21-2021 16:03:02.643 +0200 ERROR JsonLineBreaker - JSON StreamId:427620843244980635 had parsing error:Unexpected character while expecting ':': 'S' - data_source="/opt/uc4/srvavq/prod/share/ae/temp/toSplunk/OPT_REP/normal/ARIZON_CS_UC4_ActiveSchedJobs/P_AVQ_Aktive_Automic_Jobs_AVQPROD_0000000000000022.txt", data_host="xh515", data_sourcetype="P_AVQ_Aktive_Automic_Jobs_AVQPROD-too_small"

props.conf
[source::/opt/uc4/srvavq/*/share/ae/temp/toSplunk/ARIZON_CS/*/*/*.txt]
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = json
TIMESTAMP_FIELDS = Timestamp

Data File like this:
{"Timestamp" : 1626874253, "Anzahl" : "7", "userstamp" : "RM", "status" : "Processed", "taskname" : "task_secevt2_apply_sinstr.rm","env":"AVQPROD"}
{"Timestamp" : 1626874221, "Anzahl" : "1", "userstamp" : "IMED_65454_54222", "status" : "Processed", "taskname" : "rm.set_resp","env":"AVQPROD"}

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bardill
Explorer

Sorry that not help
We not read the splunkd.log as json!!

We read a log file over an APP

View solution in original post

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bardill 

There is a lot of discussion on this one hope this helps - Forwarder tells me there's an "ERROR JsonLineBreak... - Splunk Community

--

An upvote would be appreciated if this reply helps!

0 Karma

bardill
Explorer

Sorry that not help
We not read the splunkd.log as json!!

We read a log file over an APP

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...