Getting Data In

Tutorialdata file is not uploading all files in the zip file. How to change that?

Joannelr
Explorer

Hi there, I'm still in the early stages of setting up my Splunk.

Once I have downloaded the tutorial data file, it saves in my downloads folder. when i want to add the data, i select the file, however it only takes one file at a time, i.e.

1.Main Tutorial Data File
2.opens the files in the data file
3.can only select one file at a time (Userlogs...)
4.it does not upload the entire tutorial data file

please assist me?

Thank you
Joanne

Tags (3)
0 Karma

BeardedGaijin71

I am having issues importing as well ... and yes I know this thread is old... but find it odd everyone says to not unzip the sample archive... the tutorial documentation tells you unzip/unarchive the zip file... and do three separate imports. This should not be that difficult.

0 Karma

sophy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you tell me what platform you are using? Also, make sure that when you select the file for upload, it is the compressed file (tutorialdata.zip).

Thank you,
Sophy

sophy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It sounds like your laptop might be automatically unzipping the file when you download it. You can download it again on this topic,

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/SearchTutorial/GetthetutorialdataintoSplunk

or use this link

http://docs.splunk.com/images/Tutorial/tutorialdata.zip

and choose not to unzip the file. (For example, right-click on the link and choose "Save Link As...")

If it unzips, you should have a folder called "tutorialdata". You can also just compress this folder manually and save it as "tutorialdata.zip" before you upload.

Joannelr
Explorer

Splunk 6.2.1 - I am using a macbook air laptop. When I look at the details of the folder it does not say that it is zipped. Could you possibly send it to me already zipped?

Thank you for your response.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...