Getting Data In

Tuning Configuration Event Hub in Microsoft Cloud Services App

dc17
Explorer

Hi, 

I am having some trouble understanding the right configuration for collecting the Logs from the Event Hub of the App "Microsoft Cloud Services". 
From the documentation: Configure Event Hubs  it is not clear how to set these three parameters for a Log Source that collect A LOT of logs every minute. 

interval -->  The number of seconds to wait before the Splunk platform runs the command again. The default is 3600 seconds.
There is a way in the _internal logs to check when the command is executed? 

max_batch_size --> The maximum number of events to retrieve in one batch. The default is 300.
This is pretty clear, but can we increase this value as much as we want? I believe we encounter some performance issue on that. 

max_wait_time -->  The maximum interval in seconds that the event processor will wait before processing. The default is 300 seconds.
Processing what? Waiting for what?

Anyone know a configuration of values between these three fields that could optimize an Event Hub with thousands and thousands of Logs ??

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...