Getting Data In

Timestamp containing newline

las
Contributor

Hi.

I have just been presented with a very curious timestamp format.

18-08-2020 
15:41:00,07 
No running service instances found
0 service instances are online, which is different from the expected count of 1.
18-08-2020 
15:46:00,13 
No running service instances found
0 service instances are online, which is different from the expected count of 1.

My first instinct is to create a timeformat = %d-%m%Y\n%H:%M:%S,%2N, but is it at all possible to mix regex with strptime() formats?

Has anybody encountered something like it, and what solution did you come up with.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

las
Contributor

Sorry, that is two events. Splunk by the timestamp containing the newline.

SHOULD_LINEMERGE = true

Just after I posted this I got thinking, and startet playing with LINE_BREAKER=([\r\n]+)\d{2}-\d{2}, that seems to be able to do the trick

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

is that single event?

what is your SHOULD_LINEMERGE for this sourcetype?

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

las
Contributor

Sorry, that is two events. Splunk by the timestamp containing the newline.

SHOULD_LINEMERGE = true

Just after I posted this I got thinking, and startet playing with LINE_BREAKER=([\r\n]+)\d{2}-\d{2}, that seems to be able to do the trick

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...