Getting Data In

System Time in Splunk off but log times are correct

courtneyj
Engager

Here is my environment

Cluster Master, License Master, Deployment Server (on one Splunk instance)

Cluster of 3 indexes

Separate Search Head

Noticed when I checked the Forwarder Manager in my deployment server  my clients had not phoned home in 8 hours.  Then I ran 

index = _internal httppubsubconnection "uri=/services/broker/phonehome"

to see if there were any errors phoning home but to my surprise everything was good. In Forwarder Management I also deleted a record and it came right back which also confirmed a successful phone home but it said 8 hours ago.  Ran other searches and the event time and log times are good. Then I noticed in my search history that the previous search I conducted was done 8 hours ago even though I just ran them.  Played with time zone in user preference but nothing. Any suggestions on why everything in Splunk is 8 hours behind when it comes to phoning home and when a search was conducted.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the server/system date time on the instance where Deployment Server is deployed. Make sure it is matching with the server time of the machine where deployment clients exist.

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...