Getting Data In

Splunking my Checkpoint firewall logs

maverick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can Splunk index events from my Checkpoint firewall logs? If so, how can I set that up?

treyka
Path Finder

Hi, Starlette -

I'm running the Splunk lea-loggrabber on 64-bit Linux, so I don't think that's the source of your issue. It appears that your lea enviroment isn't setup properly. Are you trying to import events from SmartCenter or from Provider-1?

0 Karma

Starlette
Contributor

Hello,

Should this work on 64 bit linux with de default app? It looks like everything is running fine but I get no sourcetype or events

Running –debug gives :

04-26-2010 10:33:01.680 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/lea-loggrabber-splunk/bin/lea-loggrabber.sh" opsec environment initialized successfully...opsec client, server entities initialized successfully...start handler called ...reading from start of log...end handler called ...

lea.conf

opsec_sic_name "CN=SplunkLEA,O=idxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
opsec_sslca_file /opt/splunk/etc/apps/lea-loggrabber-splunk/opsec-tools/linux22/opsec.p12
lea_server ip 10.0.1.xx 
lea_server auth_port 18184
lea_server auth_type sslca_comp 
opsec_entity_sic_name ="cn=cp_mgmt,o=xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

input.conf

[script://./bin/lea-loggrabber.sh]
interval = 60
sourcetype = opsec
disabled = false

lea-loggrabber.sh

#!/bin/bash

cd $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/lea-loggrabber-splunk/bin
./lea_loggrabber --lea-config-file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/lea-loggrabber-splunk/default/lea.conf

$SPLUNK_HOME is setted

No errors in splunkd

0 Karma

treyka
Path Finder

I've got a patch against lea-loggrabber which I would like to submit. From looking to the Google Code project it appears that there is only one person with commit privs. Please could someone either grant me perms to commit a patch to the repo or else spell out a workflow for this?

Cheers, --Trey

maverick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes it can. See this page for detailed instruction on how to set that up.

http://www.splunk.com/wiki/Apps:Configure_OPSEC_LEA_input

Also, note that the solution provided via this link includes an executable that works on Linux and Solaris only.

However, the open source project for the lea-loggrabber portion of it is now available here:

http://code.google.com/p/splunkcheckpoint

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...