Getting Data In

Splunking Windows Server 2016 Docker Containers

zielkepham
Explorer

Hello, I am currently saving my logs into a folder for my Docker containers. From there I installed the Splunk Universal Forwarder on the server and it is ingesting the logs from the path I set. Is this the recommended way of doing this? I saw that I can set a daemon.json file up that will ingest all container logs as well, which sounds like the simpler way of doing it.

This only gives me errors with the containers itself - I would also like to look at the metrics of these containers. I haven't really found any documentation on this - does anyone have any input on the best method to monitor logs and metrics of my Windows Docker Container environment?

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...