Getting Data In

Splunk universal forwarder v6.2.6.274160, how can I verify which version of SSL it's using?

panzerkw

We continue to get the freak vulnerability security item show up on our scans and the ssl version of splunk was identified as an issue. Does the new install package remove the old ssl version or do I have to remove it manually?

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi panzerkw,

you're asking actually two different things here.

• The initial question was how can I verify which version of SSL it's using?
    Answer: check out this answer https://answers.splunk.com/answers/134053/ciphersuite-in-various-conf-files.html or run this command $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd openssl version

• The second question was Does the new install package remove the old ssl version or do I have to remove it manually?
    Answer: Splunk's install package include all software components that Splunk require, so it will update the SSL version in $SPLUNK_HOME not the one for the OS!

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

jcrabb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Just to add to the wonderful comment above (thank you MuS), you will also find the version listed in the release notes, under third party software.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.6/ReleaseNotes/OpenSSL

Just in case you want to compare Splunk versions or confirm prior to installation.

Jacob
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...