Getting Data In

Why is Splunk not receiving logs?

siva_cg
Path Finder

Hi All,

We have manifest logs configured to Splunk from different application servers. Due to duplicate stanzas, we didn't receive logs from few servers but after investigating we have removed the duplicate stanzas and deployed it again. But still we are receiving logs to Splunk. As the manifest logs are very small in size (in bytes) and will not update frequently, so we have added crcSalt attribute in the inputs.conf also but no luck.

I have run btool command on the universal forwarder, but there are no issues found. Could you please help me investigating the issue and resolve it?

The last event from that file is 20th April 2017. Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

sbbadri
Motivator

You can do below things,

1) Check UF is up and running
2) check outputs.conf is properly configured
3) check splunkd.log for errors
4) $SPLUNK_HOME$/bin/splunk list inputstatus - This command will give you log ingestion status.
5) Try putting ignoreOlderThan = 1d or your required time

View solution in original post

sbbadri
Motivator

You can do below things,

1) Check UF is up and running
2) check outputs.conf is properly configured
3) check splunkd.log for errors
4) $SPLUNK_HOME$/bin/splunk list inputstatus - This command will give you log ingestion status.
5) Try putting ignoreOlderThan = 1d or your required time

neermine
Path Finder

hii in the inputs.conf i wrote [monitor://C:\var\log*.log] disabled = 0 sourcetype= log index=me

but when i tape the command splunk list inputstatus i find C:\var\log*.log type is missing what should i do ?

0 Karma

siva_cg
Path Finder

Thank you very much @sbbadri and @mmodestino. the command $SPLUNK_HOME$/bin/splunk list inputstatus helped me to investigate the issue. We have specified ignoreolderthan 7days attribute in the inputs.conf due to which we are not receiving logs.

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

./splunk list inputstatus on the UF 4 ftw!

- MattyMo
0 Karma

latheefsk
Loves-to-Learn Everything

How to use ./splunk list input status by cmd

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...