Getting Data In

Splunk is not generating alert for normal stats count output 7.0.0

ashikuma
Explorer

Splunk is not generating alert for normal stats count output 7.0.0.

index=my_index "Response code -401" | stats count - after that I am saving this as result and keeping TH when it's count is greater than 10 , I need alert, but it's not working , not triggering alert after breaching TH. all other conditions are configured properly.

Is this common issue with stats command that we can't have alert for any string count ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

hijacob
Communicator

Hi,

please have a look at https://answers.splunk.com/answers/453071/my-alert-is-not-working-how-do-i-troubleshoot.html

I hope you ca solve your problem.

Greetings
Jacob

0 Karma

ashikuma
Explorer

My alert setting are same , but I just want to know by we are doing stats count for any string and scheduling that as alert, why that is not working .
When I do like index=my_index "Response code -401" | stats count by host - then it's working but I don't need count by host.

I have to set TH on overall (index=my_index "Response code -401" | stats count ) value when TH exceeds more than 10 or any value but not zero.

Please suggest..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...