Getting Data In

How to set Splunk as CSP Policy report collector?

cbarthel
Engager

I am trying to set up Content-Security-Policy, and I need a way to collect violation reports. I was hoping to use Splunk HEC to do this, but so far I am not getting anything in.  If I CURL the collector URL, I can see the result in Splunk. But nothing from Browsers.

Sourcetype is set as json-no-tiimestamp, and I am not sending a response back.  I could not find  as single example of doing this, so if this is not correct please let me know.

Are there any considerations I have not thought of here?  I am not restricting access by IP for the external NAT that leads to the HEC for this instance.  I do not, however, have a proper SSL cert.  Will browsers like Chrome refuse to POST if the HEC only has a self-signed?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

fredclown
Contributor

Splunk requires a token, so this could not be done out of the box. What you could do would be to create a webservice that would take the CSP report and then proxy that to Splunk using HEC with the token. So, the webservice would know what the token is an would be the middle man between Splunk the CSP report.

0 Karma

vince2010091
Path Finder

That would-be great, but token might be not compatible with report-uri

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...