Getting Data In

Splunk app for Citrix Xen App - forwarding data & Monitoring

chimbudp
Contributor

I have a windows platform . Splunk universal forwarder is deployed to collect the logs from a Citrix Xen app server.

1. Do I need to copy the addons from the below location and drop in to Universal Forwarder ? Splunk_Home/etc/apps/SplunkAppForXenApp/appserver/addons

Please advice. Also , without UF is there a way to monitor Citrix XenApp from Splunk ? Similar to modular inputs ?
Suggest a good documentation regarding setting up Splunk app for Citrix Xen App

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, you do need to copy the addons to your Universal Forwarder.

The TA-XA*-Server addon should go on all your XenApp servers.
The TA-XA*-Broker addon should only go on one server for each farm. If you have a dedicated Zone Data Collector in your XenApp farm, copy the TA-XA*-Broker addon there.

It is possible to monitor XenApp without Universal Forwarders, but I do not recommend doing this unless you are just collecting farm and session information. Collecting process, performance, and ICA latency information is better suited to use with a Universal Forwarder.

There is a folder in the app download called "docs" that contains the documentation.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...