Getting Data In

Splunk add-on save checkpoint

nareshkumarg
Path Finder

Hi All,

I managed to store and retrieve data using the following python command.

# save checkpoint
 helper.save_check_point(key, state)
 # delete checkpoint
 helper.delete_check_point(key)
 # get checkpoint
 state = helper.get_check_point(key)

I would like to know where the data is stored and how can I check the value on Splunk.

I was checking under lookup with the name and source given for the add-on I was working on, but could not find it.

Regards,
Naresh

0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Usually checkpoint stored in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk/modinputs/<some_name_provided_by_developer>/ , it looks like you are asking about Palo-Alto add-on.

View solution in original post

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Usually checkpoint stored in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk/modinputs/<some_name_provided_by_developer>/ , it looks like you are asking about Palo-Alto add-on.

nareshkumarg
Path Finder

Thanks a lot @harsmarvania57 I was able to find the value which was stored with base64.

0 Karma

nareshkumarg
Path Finder

I have developed my own add on and I want to check the value to validate the functioning of my python script.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you looked at the path which I have provided? If you can't find it then you need to provide your full python code (Hide sensitive data).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...