Getting Data In

Splunk Version for Windows Server 2003 (32 bit).

sat94541
Communicator

We have about 100 Domain Controllers running Windows Server 2003 (32 bit).
Which version of the Splunk Universal Forwarder could they install on these so that we can collect logs until they are upgraded?

I check the installation guide from 5.0 to 6.1.4 and we have a disclaimer “***This version of Splunk is supported but is not recommended on this platform” .

Just want to see base on your observation and experience which one is most reliable to recommend.

1 Solution

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would suggest that they install the latest release version of the UF 32 bit 6.1.4.
“This version of Splunk is supported but is not recommended on this platform” - is only applicable to 32bit installs on 64 bit machines I believe; so not relevant in this case.
Please note that you only have about 9 months of support left on those. On July 15th, 2015 support ends on Windows Server 2003

View solution in original post

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would suggest that they install the latest release version of the UF 32 bit 6.1.4.
“This version of Splunk is supported but is not recommended on this platform” - is only applicable to 32bit installs on 64 bit machines I believe; so not relevant in this case.
Please note that you only have about 9 months of support left on those. On July 15th, 2015 support ends on Windows Server 2003

elianageara

What is the recommendation to collect the logs of windows server 2003?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...