Getting Data In

Splunk Universal Forwarder Upgrade

ram254481493
Explorer

Hi ,

I am looking for some information on Splunk Universal forwarder upgrade. We have 3000 + forwarders that needs a mass upgrade. What are the things do i need to consider for upgrading like backups etc ? i am looking for some scripts for linux system to remote upgrade the forwarders. Please let me know if any one have some scripts available. I am looking for the same info for windows as well.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Scripts are available on this forum (use Google to search site:answers.splunk.com). For 3,000 forwarders, it'll be much easier to use a tool like Puppet or Ansible.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Scripts are available on this forum (use Google to search site:answers.splunk.com). For 3,000 forwarders, it'll be much easier to use a tool like Puppet or Ansible.

---
0 Karma

ram254481493
Explorer

i tried to google it but didnt get any scripts could you please send me the link for those scripts ?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is the first result from my Google search: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/34896/simple-installation-script-for-universal-forwarder.html

---
0 Karma

ram254481493
Explorer

thank you so much

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...