Getting Data In

Splunk REST Modular Input - POST requests?

yitzarad
Path Finder

Hi,

The new Splunk REST modular input (which is still beta) is very nice and usefull. I'm using it to poll jmx via Jolokia webapp, and it works great.

But, there are some cases you want to poll the REST interface by using POST request. for example, if I want to query multiple MBeans. Jolokia supports this only via POST request. I'm sure that there are many more examples.

How can I solve it?

REST API Modular Input App

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Ok, it's your lucky day , download the latest version , of the REST Modular Input.

Added in support for POST and PUT HTTP Methods.

Not RESTful per say but a useful out for API's that are "REST like"

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Ok, it's your lucky day , download the latest version , of the REST Modular Input.

Added in support for POST and PUT HTTP Methods.

Not RESTful per say but a useful out for API's that are "REST like"

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

"Jolokia supports this only via POST request"....that is not really RESTful then. POST should be used for creating. Actually , just browsing the Jolokia docs , the Jolokia interface is mentioned as only being "REST Like".

I might add a non RESTful option to support POSTs and Body Content. It's a trivial addition.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...