Getting Data In

Splunk OTEL Forwarder- Is there a values.yaml file that can be referenced?

splunkyj4040

I'm trying to setup the splunk OTEL forwarder (https://github.com/signalfx/splunk-otel-collector) on an AKS cluster to forward all pod logs to splunk with a hec token.  I'm deploying the forwarder using a helm and have trimmed down the sample values.yaml file to just log forwarding, I don't want/need any metrics forwarded or use any signalfx component.  Fluentd daemon set is getting deployed, no errors getting logged, but I'm not seeing any logs on the splunk side.  Is there sample a values.yaml file that can be referenced?  I've seen the sample on github but it seems a little too simplified.  I know the cluster has connectivity to Splunk and there was a prior tool that was able to forward logs successfully.

Any advantages/disadvantages to using fluentd or otel?  Thanks !

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...