Getting Data In

Splunk OPEN SSL: unable to load library files.

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi Splunker,

Unable to open the Splunk open ssl. Error is,

#echo $SPLUNK_HOME
    /opt/splunk
 # /opt/splunk/bin/openssl
    **/opt/splunk/bin/openssl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory**

Thanks,
V

V
1 Solution

grijhwani
Motivator

I don't follow what you're trying to do. Why do you want to run Splunk's bundled openssl manually?

Splunk bundles all its required binaries and libraries together in the local install, but from shell your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and other loadable library configs are going to be completely out of whack.

If you really mean to use the Splunk-distributed version of openssl rather than a proper local copy, you can specify the path to libs directory, thus:

# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib/ /opt/splunk/bin/openssl version

View solution in original post

apfender_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is recommended to use the openssl version shipped with splunk to generate and sign your own custom certificates.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Security/Howtoself-signcertificates#Before_you_beg...

0 Karma

sbattista09
Contributor

how was this issue resolved?

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

I don't follow what you're trying to do. Why do you want to run Splunk's bundled openssl manually?

Splunk bundles all its required binaries and libraries together in the local install, but from shell your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and other loadable library configs are going to be completely out of whack.

If you really mean to use the Splunk-distributed version of openssl rather than a proper local copy, you can specify the path to libs directory, thus:

# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib/ /opt/splunk/bin/openssl version

Ohiotech
Explorer

I found that this gives me the text output without a password after following the directions in this URL.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/Security/Getthird-partycertificatesforSplunkWeb

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib/ /opt/splunk/bin/openssl rsa -in /opt/splunk/etc/auth/mycerts/myprivate.key -text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...