Getting Data In

Splunk Integration with HPE Systems Insight Manager

ansif
Motivator

Anyone had experience in integrating Splunk with HPE Systems Insight Manager?

Or can anyone help on the possibility of forwarding data from HPE SIM to splunk?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @ansif, have you tried syslog ? This is the easiest way to get the logs out of SIM and into Splunk.

0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

Not tried but it is what I decided at first. But checking whether any other method that I can pull data.

The environment is small and a syslog server is only required for SIM. If we have any other methods,we can avoid using syslog server.

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Nothing available on Splunk base if that's what you're looking for... so you're on the right path you should go for syslog.

you can always read syslog directly from Splunk if it's a small environment using a tcp input. But I would recommend sending your syslog data to a syslog server, write the data to files there then forward it to Splunk using a UF. By doing so you would isolate Splunk from Syslog and it would make things easier to troubleshoot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...