Getting Data In

Splunk Enterprise Trial license already expired just after installation

juliogalak
Explorer

Hi Splunk Support team and Community,

Recently I Download the Splunk Enterprise, and installed it on a fresh installation of Windows 10 in a VM (the Network type is host to host only). Just a few minutes after the installation completed, there was a notification that my Splunk Installation Licence is Expired.

Is there any other prerequisite(s) to get a Splunk Free 60 Days trial, that was not mentioned in the installation guide? or Do I have to do something else from this point to get the license?

Please Help, and Thank you

Juliogalak

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about your host’s time, is it correct? Usually this should work after fresh installation. If not then remove your installation and all files which it has added to your system. Then install it again. It even this isn’t help then stop and remove SPLUNK_DIR/etc/licenses/* and restart it. That should generate a new trial license for you.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @juliogalak,

are you sure that it was a fresh installation? or maybe there was a previous uninstalled one?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about your host’s time, is it correct? Usually this should work after fresh installation. If not then remove your installation and all files which it has added to your system. Then install it again. It even this isn’t help then stop and remove SPLUNK_DIR/etc/licenses/* and restart it. That should generate a new trial license for you.

r. Ismo

juliogalak
Explorer

Thank you Mr. @isoutamo ,

I uninstalled Splunk, check if the installation folder totally deleted, and re-install again. So far so good, and i'm ready to continue my next step of training module.

Thank you and best Regards,

Juliogalak

0 Karma

juliogalak
Explorer

Hi Giuseppe,

I positive, because I installed it my self from an windows ISO installer file, and not from an O/S template.

Btw, I already tried to find any .license or .lic files in the installation folder, and found 2 licenses; splunk-enttrial.lic and enttrial.lic. Tried to install those license, but came up with and error like below:

"Bad Request - C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\licenses\download-trial\enttrial.lic: failed to add because: license is expired"

Is there any chance that this happened because I installed Splunk Enterprise offline (not connected to internet)?

Thank you.

Juliogalak

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...