Getting Data In

Splunk Enterprise 7.0.1 not populating Events from SCOM 2007 R2 after installing Splunk Add on for Microsoft SCOM version 2.1.0

sameerchowdhary

I have installed product Splunk Enterprise 7.0.1 & downloaded it. I installed the product on Windows 7 machine & also downloaded the Add-On named Splunk Add on for Microsoft SCOM version 2.1.0 & installed it as well into Splunk.
I configured the inputs for SCOM in Splunk for Events it but it is not fetching any data / Events from SCOM 2007 R2.

Aslo the Powershell scripts for SCOM are not working, it is throwing errors given below

powershell.exe"" splunk-powershell - Powershell::LaunchPowershellHost: CreateProcess failed: 0x2
01-11-2018 20:32:29.543 +0530 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\splunk-powershell.exe"" splunk-powershell - Powershell::StartPowershellHost: Failed to start powershell host.

Can anybody who have installed the SCOM Addon help me in getting it configured.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jmsbam

Just ran into this issue myself.  In my case we found a handful of UF's that had corrupted PATH statements.  Verify you have a correct system path by executing the following Powershell cmd-let

$env:path

If your path statement does not contain the following entries, chances are this is why you are receiving the .

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

0 Karma

Kelly
Loves-to-Learn

Was there a fix for this? I'm having the same Powershell errors. I've tried multiple 7 & 8 versions of Splunk UF.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...